Infusion Therapy involves the administration of fluids, nutrients or medications, into the bloodstream via a catheter under the skin or into a muscle. This procedure is performed to help facilitate the treatment and management of certain medical conditions.
Infusion services include, but are not limited to:
- Access indwelling catheters for blood collection and IV administration
- IV hydration
- Placement of Foley catheters for adults
- Sample (blood) collection and routine flushing of central venous lines
- Urinary catheterization for urine collection and retention
- Gastrointestinal (GI) problems
- Nausea & vomiting
- Nutritional deficiencies
Some examples of medical conditions that may benefit from Infusion Therapy:
For scheduling contact:
TPCA Infusion Therapy Department
1803 Miccosukee Commons Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Other hours available per request