Your Questions Answered.
What Is the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Its Symptoms, And How Can I Protect Myself?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can be transmitted via person-to-person contact. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was identified during an investigation into an outbreak that occurred in Wuhan, China.
Some common symptoms of the virus include fever, shortness of breath, and cough. Click here to visit the CDC’s website for an additional list of symptoms, ways to protect yourself, and more.
What If I Think I Am Sick?
If you think you are experiencing symptoms or if any of the following applies, stay home, contact your TPCA provider, and practice social distancing…
In the Last 14 Days:
- Traveled or been in contact with someone who has traveled internationally or been on a cruise ship.
- Traveled to New York, New Jersey, California, Washington, Illinois, Michigan, Louisiana, Florida, or Washington, D.C.
- Have participated in a gathering of 250 or more people (including airports).
Click here for additional information on what to do if you are sick.
How Do I Know If I Need to Get Tested?
Upon experiencing symptoms, please contact your TPCA provider’s office. He/she will determine if testing is necessary and will make a referral to a testing location for evaluation.
If your TPCA provider has already determined that you should be tested, click here for further instruction.
What Should I Expect At My Next Office Visit?
If you are scheduled for an upcoming appointment with your TPCA provider or are planning a visit to our Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, and Clinical Services Center, please notify your provider in advance if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment, at no charge, and will be given instructions for further care.
Below are some precautionary protocols that have been implemented in our offices:
- At the entrance of the office, you will notice a flyer posted on the door with detailed instructions on whether or not you should enter the building or contact our staff.
- At check-in, our medical office specialists will provide you with a screening questionnaire regarding your current symptoms and recent travel. In the event a possible exposure is suspected, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment, at no charge, and further instruction on care will be provided.
- Before your exam, we will take your temperature. If you have a fever and exposure is suspected, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment, at no charge, and further instruction on care will be provided.
For added safety, we request that you do not bring guests along with you to your appointment, unless necessary. If you must bring a guest along, please limit to one guest.
What Is TPCA Doing To Ensure Cleanliness And Sanitization Inside Its Offices?
At TPCA, cleanliness and keeping our patient and employee areas sanitized is always a top priority. We understand that COVID-19 is a major concern, so rest assured that we will continue to practice mindful safety protocols such as handwashing before and after handling patient documents and office medical equipment, after caring for patients, and after visits to the restroom.
All medical equipment and exam tables are thoroughly sanitized before patients enter a room, and communal items such as magazines, toys, and snacks have been removed from our reception and check-out areas for extra precaution. We will also continue to disinfect our offices regularly to promote health and safety.
Additionally, employees will also have to adhere to our safety protocols. Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of illness, or who may have been exposed to COVID-19, will be sent home immediately.
For up to date information on COVID-19, please access the helpful links below.